Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Daniel Day Lewis


I was enjoying the pleasureful taste of a thick and hearty vanilla shake when I daydreamed of my favorite actor - Mr. Daniel Day Lewis, finest mustache wearing actor in modern history.

His most recent display of a fine lip ornament was in There Will Be Blood, portraying a greedy oil Barron. Delightful. This thespian won Best Actor for his performance and I solely attribute this decision by the Academy to his mustache! All other nominees in 2007 were clean shaven - especially Johnny Depp who played a murderous barber (I'm guessing the Academy despised him and he came in dead last!). That movie gave me nightmares! It was torture to watch shaving after shaving...it was facial hair abuse!

The other movie which brings me pure mustache pleasure is Gangs of New York, in which he plays Bill the Butcher. His mustache is divine! My cut is shaped and modeled after this stylish specimen, and what a specimen it is! It is the classic handlebar mustache popular in the late nineteenth and early 20th century. Monti is always a trendsetter, reinventing the best trends of the best characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment